I often wondered about the usefulness of blogging when blogs first became a craze. Apart from blogs on specific topics that I considered educational or useful in some way, I couldn't understand why anyone with a sane mind would want to read personal blogs with random musings of other troubled (or not so troubled) souls on the planet. Well, needless to say where I was heading with this, I now find myself reading friends' (and some strangers') blogs with random musings indeed! I'm mostly talking about the kinds of blogs where people write about things that happen in their daily lives, or thoughts about life in general. There's something appealing about reading a snapshot of people's lives, even if it's a very small one. Sometimes you learn a thing or two and occasionally it even challenges your own thoughts. Other times, it just helps keep up to date with the lives of the people that you care about.
Anyway, digressing completely from my chatter on blogging, what A and I are most excited about at this time is that we're running a half marathon (13.1 miles) in a month, on November 26th. FYI, neither of us had run further than 2 miles ever until about 5 months ago! So this is pretty thrilling for us. Not only that it's a physical challenge for us, it's also for a very good cause. The money we raise for supporting our marathon will go directly to 3 projects related to educating poor children in rural parts of India. I've finally start my fund raising for that. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet my goal and contribute my small bit to the cause.
Anyway, digressing completely from my chatter on blogging, what A and I are most excited about at this time is that we're running a half marathon (13.1 miles) in a month, on November 26th. FYI, neither of us had run further than 2 miles ever until about 5 months ago! So this is pretty thrilling for us. Not only that it's a physical challenge for us, it's also for a very good cause. The money we raise for supporting our marathon will go directly to 3 projects related to educating poor children in rural parts of India. I've finally start my fund raising for that. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet my goal and contribute my small bit to the cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment