I found this last night while going through some older photographs. I took this picture in August 2006 while taking a stroll with Ashwin and my in-laws around Pike's Place. Something about this guy (probably homeless) with such a blissful countenance, wearing a sombrero and playing a guitar while perched atop an inverted storage box instantly caught my eye. I have always loved portrait photographs. I don't mean the kind where you went to a studio and posed for one. But the kind where you captured a moment in someone's life along with the emotions and sealed it in forever. The kind that tells a story. I may not have done enough justice, but it was my honest attempt at that.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Picture that speaks a thousand words?
I found this last night while going through some older photographs. I took this picture in August 2006 while taking a stroll with Ashwin and my in-laws around Pike's Place. Something about this guy (probably homeless) with such a blissful countenance, wearing a sombrero and playing a guitar while perched atop an inverted storage box instantly caught my eye. I have always loved portrait photographs. I don't mean the kind where you went to a studio and posed for one. But the kind where you captured a moment in someone's life along with the emotions and sealed it in forever. The kind that tells a story. I may not have done enough justice, but it was my honest attempt at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment