Friday, August 31, 2007
I started painting!
I've been wanting to dabble into painting for a while now and never got around to it until last week. Ashwin (thoughtfully) had gotten me a gift certificate for an arts and crafts store for my birthday which I finally used to get myself some acrylics and other painting supplies. So after reading a little bit about techniques etc, I decided there's no better way to learn than to just jump into it. I first want to get some brush strokes right and also learn about mixing colors & creating glazes. Anyhoo, this was my first naive attempt at mixing colors (This hasn't photographed very well - I'll try to take one during the day time and post it again):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh, that's so cuuute! It seems to have a mat like texture- did you create that or was that in the paper you painted on?
The paper curling at the edges probably means that it is not able to take the weight of the paint... what kind of paper did you use?
Hope to see more paintings. I really like this.
(I deleted previous comment coz I forgot to ask this question): What does the chinese letter represent?
Thanks Sumi! The paper I got already had the mat like texture - it's one of those artists canvas like papers which feels somewhat clothish, which is meant for use with oil & acrylic.
The Chinese/Japanese letter represents Gold (Chinese reading - KIN) or Money (Japanese reading - kaane or o-kaane). I didn't know either but asked my Dad who told me (he is fluent in Japanese). This character was used in the context of prosperity on some old wall plaque we had.
Post a Comment