I've been OCD about cleaning for as long as I can go back in memory. I remember my friends laughing at me when I refused to throw a candy wrapper on the streets in India. I can more or less say the same about decluttering and organization. However, this is my first attempt at organizing my entire home in one shot. That's why it's been on my mind so much lately. There's another reason for it but I'll get to it at the end.
I've started such projects in the past only to find myself abandoning them midway. Not this time! In order to ensure that I stick with the fight to the bitter end, I've decided to start a focused blog on decluttering and organization. In other words, find an outlet to channel my OCD a little and at the same time, share my thoughts and learnings along the way. A few friends and family members expressed an interest, hence the inspiration. I recently discovered much to my own astonishment that I am capable of spouting organization/decluttering tips and tricks by the millions, many of which I haven't used myself. But I know for a fact that they will work. I dont know where they are coming from! Perhaps I'm a sleeper agent.....
Call me crazy but I've found a reasonably strong association between visible clutter and invisible (mental) clutter. Turns out I'm not the only one who feels this way. Whew! I've found myself being much more productive, positive and calmer when my home/work area is clean and there is a certain harmony in my surroundings. Clutter costs time and money, not to mention wasted effort and stress. Therefore, as I declutter and bring harmony to my home, somehow, I feel it will help declutter my mind and bring more focus. I could certainly use a dose of mental decluttering, given that I've been such a scatter-brain of late. That being said, I have yet to start writing my new blog. But it wont be too long now!
Got any good suggestions for the name of the blog?
7 comments:
Please no 'kitty' ;-)
Also, I want to 'like' this post! :-)
Ok. :) But I will need to ask you then to come up with at least one suggestion for the name! ;-)
DR: Oh see D!! Name of your blog...you get it right? OCD is Oh See D(ivya)
Please tell me you love this. Epiphany at 3:30 am is quite an achievement, wouldn't you agree?
Good one! :) Let me think about it for a couple of days.
waiting for your blog
waiting for your blog
I really hope that get that off the ground some day soon...but immediate priorities might dictate otherwise. Let's see how it goes! :)
Post a Comment