Sunday, August 14, 2011

Flow

Achieving flow seems simple in theory but incredibly hard to practice. We live in a highly ADD oriented age. Although it is ultimately up to us to pick and choose how ADD oriented we want to be, it's certainly hard not to be sucked into it by things around us.

Although the interwebs is the latest time suck (and I'm working on this), one particular thing I'm happy about is that we've managed to cut our TV watching down to a pretty good amount. We cut cable a few years ago and couldn't be happier with what services like Netflix have to offer. Watch a half hour of ad-free tv and be done with it. No annoying news channels. No annoying commercial breaks. No unnecessary channel surfing. Urge to switch TV on is at a minimum.

I've been thinking about focus lately. And this quote springs to mind -
"The mind needs to be empty to see clearly" - J.Krishmamurthi

No comments: